Generating a FULL cPanel Back-Up Print this Article
We recommend you always keep at least one set of your latest back-ups. How often you'll want to generate and download a Full cPanel Backup is ultimately up to you and would depend on how often your site data changes. A full cPanel back-up will back-up everything stored on your account (website files, email, stats..ect). To generate a full back-up follow the following steps:
1. Login to your cPanel
2. Click on Back-Up Wizard under File Management
3. Click on back-up.
4. Click on the "Full Back-Up" option.
5. Enter your email address (optional) so you can be notified once your back-up is complete, as depending on the size of your cPanel account, the back-up process can take a few minutes.
6. Once your back-up is complete, log back into your cPanel and navigate to your file manager.
7. VERY IMPORTANT, download your back-up off of the server as back-up files are typically deleted from the server. You'll find your back-up file in your home directory ending in .tar.gz like the file below.
Was this answer helpful?
This article is intended for those who have purchased web hosting from Forward Web and have not...
This article is intended for those who have set-up a shared web hosting account with Forward Web...
This article breifly explains the anatomy of web hosting. To put web hosting in perspective:...